Crosstown is a new church in downtown Oklahoma City. With the revitalization that is occurring here, the excitement and passion for this city is strong. And the need for gospel-centered, city-loving churches within the urban core is even stronger. For this reason we believe God has brought us here, and our mission is to reach and mature God’s people by proclaiming Jesus and serving the city (Col 1:28).
At Crosstown, we value:
- Truth, believing that God reveals the truths of his Word to those who strive to know them (Psalm 119:18; 2 Timothy 2:7);
- Transformation, believing that a heart gripped by spiritual truth transforms a person so that all of life becomes an act of worship (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 10:31);
- Community, believing that the transforming power of the gospel creates a community of worshipers who sincerely care for one another (Acts 2:42-47; John 13:35);
- Mentoring, believing that Christian community endures as we pass on the faith to others and train them to do likewise (Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:2);
- the City, believing that society benefits from a healthy Christian community living out the implications of their faith (Titus 3:8; Jeremiah 29:4-7);
- Dependence, believing that the church will succeed in its mission only by relying on the power of Christ (Matthew 16:18; Psalm 127:1).
While we affiliate with several churches and entities from various denominations, we are a self-governing, independent church. Our two primary affiliations are with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Acts 29 Network.
|Affiliation with the SBC allows our church to participate in the largest missionary organization in the world. Through the SBC “Cooperative Program” we help support over 5,300 missionaries who are engaging more than 1,100 different people groups around the world.|
|Our partnership with Acts 29 enables us impact our culture by planting more churches that are skilled at contextualizing the gospel while maintaining a solid theological perspective.|